Monday, April 20, 2009

Sightings!

I received a report of a handful of whales out near Williams Reef. While the boaters were not able to identify the species, Williams Reef is right in the middle of the gray whale migration highway. Tomorrow I sending a couple of scouts to Ugak Bay and am hopeful they will provide me with a good gray whale "head" count from their journey.

I received a call Sunday morning that those pesky killer whales were coming around the corner at Spruce Cape. I did not hear from anyone else the rest of the day, so I'm not sure if they actually made it all the way into the harbor or not. Did anyone hear otherwise? I also heard from a second source that the big male (a.k.a Bentley or Sasha) was among the group last week. That is great news!
It sounds like the weather will be great for the next couple of days, so I'm sure the Kodiak Killers won't be making an appearance anytime soon. Just kidding...maybe we'll get lucky and have a great whale watching day this week!

WhaleFest is in full swing. Take advantage of all of the great activities!

No comments: